11 October 2011

My happy ending ...

Life ... a small 4-letter word but a huge concept! There have been times when I have been talking with my friends and family and they say that I am too simplistic about the one thing I hold true no matter what the situation - loving yourself. No matter what life throws at you, if you can remember these 2 little and powerful words, then everything will always work out just how it is meant to. For when you stand by your own morals and values, have self respect and back yourself 100%, you will never falter. Sure you may fall, but you will have the power and courage to pick yourself back up; or at the very least, stay on your knees and pray.

We have the ability to change our lives for the better; not your mother, father, sister, dog, cat or partner ... us! It is not selfish to love ourselves as it clears us so that we can love ourselves enough to be able to love others and it really is true with the old saying of "love makes the world go around". When I say "loving yourself", I mean, having a deep appreciation for who we are. We accept all the different parts of our selves - our little peculiarties, the embarrassing moments, the things we may not do so well and all the wonderful and amazing qualities we possess also. We accept the whole package with love. UNCONDITIONALLY!

The past few months have been a huge path of self-discovery and growth for me. I have been through a lot of personal issues and through it all, with the grace of God, the love of my family and the support of my friends, I have come out the other end of what appeared to be a very dark tunnel. In my reflection, I know there have been times when I let my self-respect and love for myself wander and it was in those moments, where I felt my most lonely and my most lost and very uneasy with life. Being able to hold onto those things that mean the most to us, the people who will be by ourside no matter what and the lessons we have learnt, I have realized that no matter what, I am stronger than I think and no matter what life throws at me, I can and will get through it and I will be ok.
I love the saying "there is something inside of us that is far greater than any obstacle" and when you tap-in to that power within and let the Universe guide you, support you and take care of you, there is nothing that is too big for you to overcome.

I am a very firm believer that in all situations, there is ALWAYS something good to come out of it. It may not be revealed straight away and you may think that life is taking the mickey out of you at times, but if you stay calm in the midst of all the chaos, take a deep breathe and trust your own inner power, you will be amazed at the strength, courage and fighting power you do actually possess.

Everyone is fabulous and has something profound and amazing to offer the world. Maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy/girl. Maybe it is our ourselves. On our own, picking up the pieces and starting over. Freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is just about moving on ... 

We are the power we have been seeking. We are in charge of our lives.

What an amazing gift!


Stay fabulous!
Butterflies, Hugs and Kisses
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment